Friday, August 8, 2008

About Me

I am a retired Naval Intelligence Officer and College Professor

I was a combat veteran of WWII as an enlisted man serving 18 months in the South Pacific including duty on the Okinawa Picket Line.

I received a direct commission as a Naval Intelligence Officer and served in the "Ready Reserve" during the Vietnam Conflict and was part of the Naval Project to debrief POW's returning from Vietnam.

I have earned B.S., M.S. and PhD degrees and taught high school business education, coached high school athletic teams; served as Assoc. Supervisor of Business Education with the New York State Education Department; was Assoc. Prof. of Accounting for SUNY Delhi where I also coached the Varsity Soccer Team; and was Coordinator of the Accounting Program and Director of the Small Business Institute at Southern Vermont College where I also coached the Varsity Soccer and Basketball teams.

I have published a college text, "Fundamentals of Financial Management," A series of Educational Card Games, "Playing to Win in Business," and two books of Short Stories, "Short Stories and Tall Tales, Book I and Book II" currently available on line and at Barnes and Noble.

I have spent many years in Organized Religion serving, among other capacities,
as Treasurer of the Albany Diocese of the Episcopal Church. I am also a member of Gideon's International.

At age 82, my public life at present is mainly engaged in politics, writing "Letters to the Editor," and supporting the "Obama for Change" movement.
It is my desire to "Bolg" on issues of Change that are needed to get us out of the mess that the current administration has gotten us into.

No comments: